Regrinding and Sharpening
Regrinding and sharpening are common services for many wear parts, including industrial knives and welder dies, after use. The correct grinding, reconditioning, or sharpening service is dependent on the design of the shear or welder and the application.
PGI has a variety of effective sharpening and grinding tools and grinding machines to restore your parts. Our grinding services include: surface grinding, Blanchard grinding, steel grinding, and rotary grinding.
We have extensive experience with:
- Regrinding and sharpening shear blades, slitters, scrap choppers, hydraulic shears, steel cutters, mill blades, and similar machine cutters to close tolerances
- Large surface grinding services including regrinding, refurbishing, refinishing and handling emergency repair requests
- Large surface grinders, Blanchard grinders, and reciprocating grinders
- Long HR bar specialists: ASTM A36 Bar and 4140 Steel Bar
- General manufacturing and tool room requirements such as:
- regrinding or reconditioning large hydraulic shears
- regrinding or reconditioning heavy steel cutting blade
Grinding & Regrinding Services
- Sharpening Shear Blades
- Hydraulic Shears
- Flying Mill Knives & Mill Blades
- Slitters, Steel Cutters & Choppers
- Press Plates
- Precision Parallels & Riser Blocks
- Die Pins, Die Sets & Shunt Column Pins
- Ground and Machined Plates – finished & completed
Our largest surface grinder can grind parts up to 31″ x 37″ x 200″. Our Mattison Surface Grinders regularly grind and refurbish machine parts for heavy steel service centers. Examples include regrinding welder dies & refinishing plate shears. Consider 16 to 32 to 48 RMS finish standards.
Request a quote today and let us show you why more than 4,000 companies have chosen PGI for their custom steel projects!