Steel Fabricating and Finishing
PGI has 30,000 square feet dedicated to fabrication, including fitting, welding, assembly, sandblasting and painting. Our fabrication department includes certified welders, skilled assembly technicians, and a dedicated inspections team that checks all fabrications.
PGI regularly conducts pre-production meetings across all departments that are scheduled to perform work on each fabrication to ensure every step in the process is clear and each discipline understands the requirements of the final piece. Our team has nearly 100 years’ experience and can also provide material take offs (MTOs) for your project if needed.
Our fabrication department includes:
- 3-G certified in multiple welding types:
- Wire, Solid (GMAW) or Flux core(FCAW)
- Stick (SMAW)
- Tig/Heli arc (GTAW)
- 2-G certified in stainless (GMAW)
- Handle many types of metal, including A36, 1018, 1020, 1045, 4140, AR400, AR514, and all grades of stainless
- Different types of testing available: dye penetrant, magnetic particle, x-ray
- Equipped to handle preheating and annealing of higher carbon materials with our stress relieving and annealing oven
Sandblasting is a process in which sand is shot at high speed across the surface of a hard material until it is clean. Sandblasting is often done to remove a previous finish on an item, to remove rust, or to prepare a surface to receive a new coat of paint. PGI recommends an S-6 blast before painting or an S-10 blast to remove the mill scale and make a great bonding surface.
- Skilled paint technicians
- Painted according to your specification
- Dedicated paint booth to minimize dust particles
- Wide variety of color choices, see RAL color options
Powder coating available upon request.
PGI has experienced technicians with over 75 years combined in machinery or millwright work.
We test fit all assemblies before shipment.
For custom machinery, we test run the machine before final acceptance (client is encouraged to participate).
All of our custom fabricated projects pass through a rigorous inspection process to ensure the final product is manufactured to our clients’ specifications, the paint is applied evenly, and it meets our high expectations of quality.
Each project is inspected after fitting before welding and then again after welding has been completed.