Surface Grinding Long and Flat Steel Bars
Precision Grinding, Inc. manufactures custom steel parts from steel plate and flat steel bar. We offer excellent pricing for stock lengths, custom cut and ground flat steel bar. We offer very good pricing for grinding plates and bars of any size.
Give us a call to quote 4140 PH, A2, D2, 1018 and other cold roll bar stock and tool steels.
Off the shelf and cut to specs: HR Bar , A36 Bar and 4140 Bar, including 4140 AN and 4140 PH.
Please, note the following for bar cut to length and/or ground:
- Grade of Steel Bars
- Quantity, thickness x width x length
- Grinding tolerances for thickness (example: + .010, – .000) or (+/- .005)
- Parallelism and flatness tolerances (example: parallel & flat within .010)
Available: ground sides, ground edges, and milled ends.
Pre-ground bar available, call for availability. Blanchard grinding and Surface grinding available.
Quotes are notated in thousandths of an inch and / or in metric measurements and include lead time, delivery and special handling requirements.
Standard tolerances for stock thicknesses and widths of hot roll bar and cold roll bar (example HR 1/2″ x 2″ x 144″).
We offer random length bar, as there are industry standard offers and requests for random lengths. We also offer saw cutting to length. Please, specify your length tolerance requests.
Hot Roll Steel
Our specialty niche market: flat, parallel to thickness steel parts. Whatever number of parts you need, and whatever size, shape or grade of steel you need, we can handle your order. Our mission is to provide:
- The highest “quality of work” in the Heavy Steel Parts Industry.
- On time deliveries, minimal transportation costs, freight insured.
- Lowest cost while helping customers manage cash flow.
- Hot Roll Steel Bar Standard Inventory
Standard inventory includes thicknesses up to 8″ thick for ASTM A36 plate. Please, call us for your HR plate & HR bar requirements up to 24″ thick.
HR or HRS = Hot Roll or Hot Rolled ASTM A36 Bar available as standard stock or cut to size.
- AISI 1020 Chemistry Plate
- A572 HSLA Grade 50 – Flame and Plasma cut bar available
- A514 High Strength Wear Plate A516 Pressure Vessel Steel
- 1045 HR or Annealed
- 1045 Bar flame cut or plasma cut only
- 4140 HR or Annealed
- 4140 Bar available Cold Roll or Hot Roll
Specialty Steels: Available Upon Request, Excellent Pricing
You’ll find that we’re able to provide better pricing than competitors for non-inventory items when heavy grinding & complex machining are involved.
AR 400 / AR 500 Wear Plate, 4130, 4340, A588
A2 Tool Steel: a girder-rail specification
D2 Tool Steel: for blanking dies, slitters, cutting blades
S7 Shock Resistant Tool Steel: heavy shock choppers, punches, hot working and cold working tools, shear blades, chippers
Request a quote today and let us show you why more than 4,000 companies have chosen PGI for their custom steel projects!